Thursday, August 28, 2008

Rohan @ 19 months

We had a long three day weekend (Rohan's school being closed for teacher planning day last Friday) and initially we thought it would be very difficult to entertain Rohan at home. But we did just fine. We visited the FSU Marine lab on Friday which is about an hour away from us. A friend of mine is doing her PhD in Geochemistry and she wanted to go and install her instruments at the lab. Last week all her instruments were blown away by the storm. We decided to go with her. The Marine lab was so much fun. It reminded me a lot of TIFR, the same salty smell, scientists and lots of different experiments.

Saturday we went for the end of summer party at a friend's house. These guys have two storeyed house with open stairs in the living room. Rohan these days is obsessed about stairs and he and a few other kid s spent all the time on the stairs with me or Amod hanging on to Rohan and our dear life. At 7 pm Rohan is all like a energizer bunny hopping all over and Amod comes and tells me "I am really tired, lets go home"!!!

Rohan also loves music. We have to have some music on when he is in the car. As soon as he sits in he says "on on" which means start the music. As of now he really likes abba. Thank God we did not listen to friends and did not start with baby music. Else I would be pulling my hair sitting in traffic listening over and over to the same Baby CDs. He likes any new hindi stuff too, I am going to try some soft rock maybe Bryan adams and go to hard rock and see if he minds.:)

He has about 70-80 words now and tries to repeat everything we say. He plays coy most of the time. He has this cute shy smile as if telling us ohhh I know I am not supposed to do a lot of things but I am going to do them anyway. As soon as I say "Amod tyala pakad" the kid starts running. He gets basic pakda pakdi stuff. He is also smart to trick us and change direction every once in a while. We run from the living room to kitchen to dinning and back to living which is a fairly big round. He eats pretty well, cottage cheese (cheeeez) and strawberry cream dahi (dachi) being his favorites. Likes most pastas, brown rice, pitas and of course how can we forget batati, refuses to say batata. Pankha (Fan) is pannntha. Now he chooses his spoons he knows where they are so makes me or Amod pick him up and choose the color, style etc.


2 comments:

Deepa said...

cool!! I need to move all my arnav stuff somewhere b4 I lose it somehow. looking fwd to more - maybe links to pictures in picasa.

Buzzzzy Bee said...

Absolutely! Thanks again!